TM198 is melted down from a solid resin and applied using a heated hose and gun. It provides a pliable thermoplastic barrier coating, which will protect all types of metal components against galvanic pitting and atmospheric corrosion as well as protecting from water and dust ingress. It is ideal for flanges and valves on process piping, and long term storage of equipment in normal atmospheric conditions. The material can easily be cut and removed for access and maintenance, the area of removed material can then be refilled as the newly applied material will bond to the existing TM198. Alternatively the protected substrate can be inspected via UT directly through the material. There is no downtime during application and protection is provided immediately, bringing savings to both CapEx and OpEx. TM198 is proven to extend the lifecyle of components and reduce maintenance costs.
The core application machines have undergone extensive development and testing and come in 2 different sizes: 12lbs/5.5kg and 50lbs/22kg to cater for a total range of application criteria. The larger machine is available IECEx certified.
Oxifree material has been thoroughly tested to 11,688 hours of "industry standard" Salt Spray test, which complies with ASTM B117 corrosion testing which is equivalent to in excess of 50 years ‘in the field'. Oxifree has also been through ASTM G56 UV/Weathering test and again exceeded required longevity with ease. :
- ASTM B117 – Salt spray test – successfully tested to 4x industry benchmark
- ASTM G154 UV - Weathering test successfully exceeded standards
- GOL492/09 Volatile Organic Compound Test (<0.05%)
- Boeing BSS 7239 – Successful smoke toxicity test
- ASTM E662 – Successful smoke generation test
- ASTM G85-94 – Annex A5 prohesion test – successfully approved with 1000hrs testing
- BS EN 13823 – Single burning item test – Complete and passed within standards
- ASTM D790 - Cryogenic bend flexibility
- ASTM D149 – Dielectric strength testing
- BS2782 Pt.2 - Volumetric resistivity testing (Electrical resistance)
- ASTM D7359 – 13 Standard Test Method for Total Fluorine, Chlorine and Sulfur in Aromatic Hydrocarbons
- ASTM E968 - Sand abrasion resistance